It’s not uncommon for people to experience anxiety or paranoia when they consume too much cannabis. While these effects can be uncomfortable, they usually pass within a few hours and are not typically dangerous. However, it’s important to be there for your friend if they get too high and need your help. Here are some tips for what you can do in that situation.
- Stay calm: The most important thing you can do for your friend is to stay calm. If you’re anxious or panicked, your friend is likely to become even more anxious or paranoid.
- Be a good listener: Let your friend know that you’re there to listen and support them. Ask them to describe what they’re feeling and validate their emotions.
- Offer a distraction: Suggest that you do something together to take their mind off of what they’re feeling. Watch a movie, play a video game, or listen to music together.
- Offer water and a snack: Dehydration can amplify the effects of cannabis, so encourage your friend to drink water and eat a snack.
- Encourage them to breathe: Deep breathing can help slow down the heart rate and calm the mind. Encourage your friend to take slow, deep breaths and to focus on the sensation of their breath moving in and out of their body.
- Provide a comfortable environment: Make sure your friend is in a comfortable and familiar environment. Turn off any bright lights, lower the volume on any music or television, and make sure the room is well-ventilated.
- Offer reassurance: Remind your friend that what they’re feeling is temporary and that it will pass. Let them know that you’re there for them and that they’re not in any danger.
- Seek medical help if necessary: In rare cases, someone who has consumed too much cannabis may experience a panic attack, psychosis, or a seizure. If your friend is experiencing any of these symptoms, seek medical help immediately.
In conclusion, if your friend gets too high on cannabis, it’s important to stay calm and be there for them. Offer a distraction, water and a snack, encouragement to breathe, a comfortable environment, and reassurance. With your support, your friend will get through this experience and be back to feeling like themselves in no time.
Hi I’m the admin of this site and I’m exploring the depths of cannabis through words